Get your veggies and fruit with breakfast! Make up this easy Strawberry Breakfast Salad and add your choice of protein for a well-rounded meal!
I believe it is never too early for a healthy salad, especially if you are trying to reset your system after a day of overindulging! I didn’t eat so great yesterday, and my body was craving more raw veggies.
I really needed to start my day off on the right foot, and what better way then to have a big salad with raw ingredients!
This Strawberry Breakfast Salad (and Creamy Strawberry Dressing) is prefect for a fresh morning start with veggies. You can add some protein to your salad if you want, too! I enjoyed my salad just like this and had a brown rice protein shake. Yummy!
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries divided
- 1/4 medium avocado
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups fresh greens of choice I used leaf lettuce above
- 1 Tablespoon chopped or ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Prepare the dressing: in a small blender or Nutribullet, blend together the water, 1/4 cup of the strawberries, and the avocado. Add more water as needed to get the dressing as thick or as thin as you like
- Prepare the salad: top your greens with the remaining fresh strawberries and drizzle with some of the dressing. Sprinkle with chopped or ground almonds and chia seeds.
- For a complete meal, add your favorite protein