If you’re looking for an allergy-friendly and kid-friendly snack for school or road trips, these are perfect! These No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites are just like cookies, but healthier (plus gluten free and vegan!)
Summer is the season for traveling! If you’re like most families, summer is the most popular time for road trips and family vacations since school is out. There is a little extra time for camping, hiking, and day trips for family fun.
If you or your family has food allergies, finding healthy and allergy-friendly snacks on-the-go can be a challenge, especially if your kids are picky eaters. One of the best ways to make sure you get good snacks for your family is to whip up some of your own snacks and pack them with you. Here are a few allergy-friendly portable recipes to choose from for your next summer outing.
These No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites are super easy to make and they are a crowd-pleaser. If you are traveling someplace hot and you won’t have a cooler with you, then you can skip the chocolate chips so they won’t get messy.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- In a food processor, process the dates until chopped. Add a Tablespoon coconut oil to the dates and process again until finely chopped
- Add the dates to a medium-large bowl and stir in the SunButter and vanilla.
- Stir in the gluten-free quick oats, salt (if using), and mini chocolate chips until well combined.
- The mixture should stick when pressed together but shouldn’t stick to your hands. If it’s too sticky, add a Tablespoon more of the quick oats. If the mixture seems too dry, mix in another teaspoon SunButter
- Press together a Tablespoon of the dough and roll into balls
- Store in the fridge in a air-tight container for up to 4 days
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist