The best no-bake cookies macaroons! These No-Bake Coconut Macaroons are egg-free, dairy free, and paleo too, so they fit many special diets
This past week I had the pleasure of doing an interview with Ana Fairchild for the My Symphony of Life Podcast. I was super excited to do this interview, but I was a little bit nervous!
It was one of those things that sounded a little scary at first but was really fun! I made a commitment a while ago to live life outside my comfort zone, and not let opportunities pass me by. This was a great opportunity I am glad I took the time to be a part of : )
Ana asked me to share a recipe with her listeners so I created this recipe just for the podcast interview! I will post the link to the podcast interview when it comes out, but until then, enjoy this No-Bake Coconut Macaroon recipe!
These little cookies are really addictive, especially with mini chocolate chips inside. They are like the inside of a Mounds bar, but a whole lot healthier! Have some fun with these: try rolling these in ground almonds, cocoa powder, or toasted coconut, or even some chopped chocolate. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut fine shred
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut cream*
- 2 Tablespoons raw unfiltered honey*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- In a medium sized bowl, mix by hand the coconut, coconut cream, honey, vanilla, and chocolate chips (if using).
- Mix together until well blended.
- Pinch off some of the "dough" and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place on a lined cookie sheet and chill until firm.
*For coconut cream, chill an unopened and unshaken can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge. After a couple hours, the thick coconut cream should have separated from the liquid and solidified on the top of the can. Open the can and scoop out the cream off the top. * If your honey is not thick, use a little less coconut cream *If you want more coconut flavor, you can add 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract as well.