This Lean Legs and Great Glutes Workout is a great one to recharge your exercise routine and target your legs! The goal with this workout is to target the endurance muscles of your legs with higher reps and sets. This encourages endurance muscle development rather than hypertrophy, so you can get strong legs without too much bulk.
Some tips for a great workout:
- Vary your stance with the each set of squats: narrow stance, wide stance, plie, and regular hip width stance. This hits the same muscles from different angles so you can get a thorough workout.
- If you are looking for an even greater challenge, try doing 4 sets of 20 reps, or doing 5 sets of 15 reps.
- Try using weight for all of these exercises, except for the jump lunges
- Use enough weight that you will be fatigued at the end of each exercise.
- Don’t forget to eat clean to see results!
- Do this routine 1-2x/week for about 6 weeks, then switch it up; keep your body guessing!
I added a back extension to this routine to help work the low back – which is tied in to your glutes. If you want great glutes, you need to make sure you are working your low back as well. This tones the upper part of your glutes, giving you a nice definition in your upper gluteus muscles.
I did this one yesterday and I am pleasantly sore today (yes, that sounds like an oxymoron!).