Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Looking for cookies to enjoy that are allergy friendly and sugar free? Check out these Low Carb Sugar Cookies that are sugar free, grain free and vegan!
Looking for a guilt-free sweet treat that is allergy-friendly and won’t set your fitness goals back? Whether you have food allergies or you are watching your sugar and/or carb intake, these Sugar Free “Sugar” Cookies will hit the spot without the sugar hangover from traditional cookies, plus these cookies are grain free!
I whipped up this recipe for allergy-friendly cookies for my good friend Gigi so she could enjoy some cookies this Christmas. She created a video and shared my recipe over on her blog, Gigi Eats Celebrities!
In the cookies I photographed above, I used golden flaxseed meal for a light color and granulated Swerve (granulated erythritol) in the cookies.
I rolled these into balls and then rolled the top of the cookies in granulated Swerve to give them that nice sugar-cookie look and texture. You can leave these cookies rolled as balls or you can flatten them. I think they stay softer when left in a round shape.
Note: if you have IBS, consider reducing sugar alcohols. As my IBS got worse over the years, I have not been able to tolerate sugar alcohols increasingly. You can try making these with baking Stevia if you have IBS, but you may have to adjust the liquids since baking Stevia tends to dry out baked goods a little.
Low Carb Sugar Cookies
Grain free, low carb, sugar free, vegan; Free of: peanuts, dairy, eggs, soy, cane sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 Tablespoons ground golden flax seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 10-20 drops liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons Swerve (granulated erythritol)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Extra granulated erythritol for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm water, melted coconut oil, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, lemon juice and liquid Stevia. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, and baking soda
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients, and stir together to make a thick dough
- Roll dough into -inch balls and roll in additional granulated erythritol
- Bake for 12 minutes and allow to cool completely
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist