Looking for cookies to enjoy that are allergy-friendly and virtually guilt free? Check out these Grain Free “Sugar” Cookies that are sugar free, vegan, and gluten free!
Looking for a guilt-free sweet treat that is allergy-friendly and won’t set your fitness goals back? Whether you have food allergies or you are watching your sugar and/or carb intake, these Grain Free “Sugar” Cookies will hit the spot without the sugar hangover from traditional cookies since these cookies are sugar free!
I whipped up this recipe for allergy-friendly cookies for my good friend Gigi so she could enjoy some cookies this Christmas. She created a video and shared my recipe over on her blog, Gigi Eats Celebrities!
In the cookies I photographed above, I used golden flaxseed meal for a light color and granulated Swerve (granulated erythritol) in the cookies. I rolled these into balls and then rolled the top of the cookies in granulated Swerve to give them that nice sugar-cookie look and texture. You can leave these cookies rolled as balls or you can flatten them. I think they stay softer when left in a round shape.
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 3 Tablespoons ground golden flax seed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 10-20 drops liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons Swerve (granulated erythritol)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Extra granulated erythritol for rolling cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together the warm water, melted coconut oil, ground flaxseed, vanilla extract, lemon juice and liquid Stevia. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, and baking soda
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredients, and stir together to make a thick dough
- Roll dough into -inch balls and roll in additional granulated erythritol
- Bake for 12 minutes and allow to cool completely