Eat healthier and still enjoy frozen treats this summer with our healthy No Nut Butter Cup Fudgesicles! These cool and creamy fudgesicles are are dairy free, low in sugar, and high in protein.
If you’re trying to eat healthier but still want to enjoy frozen treats in the summer heat, we created a treat just for you!
These delicious and creamy healthy No Nut Butter Cup Fudgesicles are allergy friendly, healthy, and made with OWYN’s newest protein shake flavor, No Nut Butter Cup (we’re also including a coupon code for OWYN!).
Our No Nut Butter Cup Fudgesicles are high in protein, low in sugar (and can be made sugar free), and have healthy fats and fiber. They’re perfect for people with multiple food allergies who want to eat healthy!
Our healthy fudgesicles are:
- Dairy free
- Gluten free
- Peanut free
- Tree nut free (unless you count coconut)
- Plant based
How to make dairy free fudgesicles
Our allergy friendly fudgesicles are simple to make, here are the steps for making this recipe (the full recipe card is at the bottom of the post):
- Place all your ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You could whisk this together by hand, but a blender will make everything much smoother.
- Pour your fudgsicle mix into your popsicle mold. Our popsicle molds hold about 1/3 cup of liquid in each and this makes about 7 fudgesicles for us.
- Place your sticks in the mold and freeze until frozen solid (about 4-6 hours).
- Melt your allergy friendly chocolate, allow it to cool a bit, then place into a plastic bag with the corner snipped off.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on your fudgesicles and set (the chocolate will set quickly).
- Store these in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the freezer.
If you want to add some fun color to these chocolate popsicles, add some sprinkles (or sugar free sprinkles) into the mix before pouring into your popsicle mold! Or add some sprinkles into the melted chocolate right after you drizzle it on the fudgesicles.
Can I make these fudgesicles sugar free?
When made with regular SunButter and allergy friendly semi-sweet chocolate chips, these fudgesicles have only 3 grams of sugar and 6 grams of net carbs.
The SunButter and chocolate chips have some sugar in them, so if you’d like these to be completely sugar free, use the no sugar added SunButter and dairy free sugar free chocolate chips.
There aren’t a lot of allergy friendly sugar free chocolate chips on the market, but we’ve found that the semi-sweet Bake Believe chips don’t contain dairy or soy and are made in a peanut and tree nut free facility. However we aren’t sure about dairy cross contamination with this brand.
Can I make this recipe without coconut milk?
If you have coconut allergies and want to find a good alternative to the full fat canned coconut milk in this recipe, you can try using a really creamy oat milk instead.
Since oatmilk isn’t quite as thick as canned coconut milk, you can add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of SunButter when using the oat milk to maintain the creaminess of the fudgesicles.
OWYN allergy friendly protein
We partnered with OWYN to create this healthy fudgesicle recipe for you! OWYN is an acronym for Only What You Need. The OWYN company prides themselves on only including the things people need in their products, and nothing that you don’t.
There are 4 different OWYN products in a variety of flavors:
- Protein shakes: 20 grams protein, 4-5 grams net carbs, 5 flavors.
- Pro Elite High Protein: 35 grams protein, 0 grams net carbs, 3 flavors (the No Nut Butter Cup shake is a Pro Elite shake!).
- Meal replacement shakes: 20 grams protein + 23 vitamins and minerals, 2 flavors.
- Protein powder: 20 grams protein + probiotics, 2 flavors.
Every OWYN product is plant based and contains all 9 essential amino acids so you can fuel your active lifestyle. All OWYN products are:
- 3rd party lab tested for allergens
- Top 8 allergen free
- Non GMO Project Certified
- Certified gluten free
- Certified vegan
- High fiber
- High protein
- Contains prebiotics in the shakes and probiotics in the powders
- Contain no artificial ingredients
- Contain no sugar alcohols
Get 20% off your one-time order of OWYN shakes and protein powder with code THEFITCOOKIE20 (one use per customer)
Our teens love the OWYN protein shakes! They took the shakes hiking at Terry Peak. Even though it’s summer, it was pretty chilly and we still had to bundle up.
Since our kids have multiple allergies and food intolerances between them (dairy, soy, peanuts, tree nuts), it’s great finding a healthy protein shake like OWYN that tastes good, has natural ingredients (no fake sugars), and fits their food allergies!
Healthy No Nut Butter Cup Fudgesicles (Dairy Free)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or NutriBullet.
- Blend until smooth. This will make about 2-1/3 cups fudgsicle liquid.
- Pour into a popsicle mold. With our mold this makes 7 fudgesicles, about 1/3 liquid in each popsicle well.
- Place your popsicle sticks in the mold and freeze until frozen solid (about 4-6 hours).
- Melt your allergy friendly chocolate, allow it to cool for about 5 minutes, then place into a plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Drizzle the melted chocolate on your fudgesicles and set (the chocolate will set quickly).
- Store your fudgesicles in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the freezer.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist