Chocolate is the perfect treat for people with a sweet tooth, until you read the label and find out it has lots of things in it that you or your kids are allergic to (soy, milk, manufactured with nuts…). Finding good chocolate that everyone can have can be challenging, and the same goes for granola!
I haven’t even purchased granola for months because it is rare to find one that everyone in my family can eat (and is still affordable!). Many gluten-free products can be problematic because they still contain soy or dairy.
This last week I got the opportunity to try out some chocolate products from one of my favorite allergy-friendly companies: Enjoy Life Foods. Enjoy Life sent me a bag of their Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks and the Double Chocolate Crunch Granola.
We were getting carried away with munching on both of these right out of the bag, but I did manage to save some chocolate for a fun recipe: Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies!
I have been using Enjoy Life products for a couple years now, and I love that my kids and I can eat their treats without worrying about our food allergies/intolerances. I try not to buy packaged foods very often, but Enjoy Life Foods are safe treats to have on hand when we need something sweet in a pinch. We usually keep some of the Enjoy Life soft cookies in my son’s classroom at school so he has a sweet (and safe) treat when classmates bring cupcakes.
The chocolate chunks were really yummy – the bag didn’t last long! We munched on them out of the bag and I baked some delicious cookies , too. We liked the granola, but I found that I preferred snacking on it without milk.
The prices for the Enjoy Life products are a bit higher than regular packaged foods, but the ingredients are high quality and Enjoy Life Foods takes special care to ensure proper handling to avoid allergen cross contamination.
Enjoy Life makes their foods completely free of the top 8 common food allergens (wheat, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish, shellfish) and are also free of casein, potato, sesame, and sulfites.
To top it all off, Enjoy Life Foods are not only wheat free, but also certified gluten-free and certified Kosher and Halal as well, and there are no artificial or GMO (genetically modified) ingredients and no trans fats. You can definitely feel safe treating your family to products from Enjoy Life Foods!
Without further ado, here is a yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk cookie recipe! Enjoy : )
- 1-1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 Tablespoon ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set aside a baking stone or a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, flax meal, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the agave, pumpkin, oil, vanilla, and liquid Stevia.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking pan. Bake for @12 minutes until the cookies are set and lightly browned on top.
- Let cool for a couple minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to a wire rack.