If you’re looking for a grain free, low carb, and nearly sugar free treat, this SunButter Chocolate Chip Fudge is for you! This delicious treat is gluten free, vegan, peanut and soy free as well
Do you have great food memories, like baking Christmas cookies, or making ice cream in the summer? One of my favorite food memories when I was young was making candy at Christmas time: English Toffee, dipped pretzels, and fudge.
Some of my favorite food memories are around the holidays, mixing up batches of cookies and treats to enjoy and give away. If you don’t have great food memories from your childhood, it’s never too late to make some new ones with your own children or grandchildren!
While it isn’t the holidays yet, it’s always a good time for fudge! My SunButter Chocolate Chip Fudge recipe is a fantastic small-batch treat when you want something a little sweet but healthier. This one is prefect for people who want a less chocolatey version of my other Chocolate SunButter Fudge recipe.
This isn’t the kind of fudge that you can gift people, mostly because it melts so quickly due to the coconut oil. But this is a great treat to keep in your fridge when the mood strikes for a nearly sugar-free treat.
Our SunButter and the Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips has some sugar in it, but if you want a completely sugar free fudge, choose a SunButter variety (or other nut butter) and chocolate that has zero sugar in it to make this recipe completely sugar free. This recipe is paleo depending on the ingredients you choose.
This fudge is also quite rich, I would cut this into small pieces for portion control. I find I can’t eat too much of this at once since it is so rich, but I still love keeping some of this in my fridge for a nice treat with a little bit of chocolate on top.
- 1/3 cup creamy SunButter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-5 drops Liquid Stevia to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream the coconut oil with a hand blender until smooth. The coconut oil may melt at this point due to the beater.
- Beat in the SunButter, vanilla, and Stevia (if using) until creamy.
- Line a small, square pan with parchment, waxed paper, or plastic wrap.
- Pour the SunButter/oil mixture into the prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until the fudge begins to set up. Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips on top and return to the fridge until the fudge has completely set up.
- This melts quickly, so keep stored in the fridge. You can even store this in the freezer for a firmer fudge.