Mid-day lunch is the perfect time for a vegetable-loaded chicken salad – without the eggs and soy often found in conventional mayo-based salads. This Avocado Chicken Salad is quick and easy to make, and is very simple. This chicken salad get’s it’s creaminess from avocado, so you don’t have to spend too much on vegan mayonnaise to make this recipe.
Mix this recipe up by adding different vegetables (like chopped peppers, tomatoes, green onions) or you have fun and mix in chopped dried or fresh fruit.
Easy, affordable, tasty, and healthy – sounds like the perfect lunch to me!
- 1/2 medium avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 teaspoons course brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped vegetables of choice (I used chopped radishes, carrots, and purple cabbage in mine)
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the lime juice and mix in the brown mustard, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Mix in the chopped chicken breast and chopped veggies.
- Serve on your favorite bread, crackers, or vegetables.
- * HINT: If you need to store this in the fridge, keep the avocado seed in the container with the salad. The avocado seed helps to slow browning and oxidation of the avocado! This works for any avocado-based foods, like guacamole
- Nutrients per serving (approximate): 190 calories, 8.5 g fat, 5.6 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 22.5 grams protein