If you like the crunchy, chunky texture of trail mix bars then you will love these easy, No Bake Trial Mix Cookies. Made with only 5 ingredients, these are simple and super healthy! The seeds and coconut add a nice texture to these treats. If you want some variation, try using dates or apricots in this recipe if you want to get creative. ‘Nuff said….lets eat!
No-Bake Trail-Mix Cookies
Gluten-Free, Vegan; Free Of: eggs, dairy, soy, cane sugar, corn
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, + @ 1/4 more for coating
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds or chopped nuts of choice
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa*
- In a small food processor, process the figs and raisins into a thick paste. You can add a Tablespoon of applesauce if the dried fruit is too thick to puree very well.
- In a bowl, add the coconut, sunflower seeds, and quinoa and mix together well until all incorporated. You can use your hands to knead the mixture.
- Separate the dough into 12 portions (@ 1 Tablespoon each). Roll into a ball then flatten into a cookie shape. Coat in shredded coconut and store in the fridge. Enjoy!
*Quinoa is not a true grain, but rather a psuedograin or seed