If you’re eating healthy but still want a treat now and then, this Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream is perfect! It’s made without an ice cream churn, plus it’s gluten free!
This delicious treat is thick, creamy, and chocolaty – you wouldn’t believe it’s easy to make and healthy too! Made with only 4 ingredients that most people already have on hand, you can whip up this allergy-friendly dessert that is also very affordable.
The wonderful thing about this Dairy Free Chocolate Soft Serve Ice Cream is that it doesn’t require an ice cream maker! A high-powered blender works best for this recipe, but you can use a blender with an ice crushing feature if you add enough milk to it.
Another name for this that you’ve probably seen around is chocolate nice cream (like our Peppermint Chip Nice Cream). Whatever you decide to call this, it’s delicious!!
Get creative and have some fun with this recipe! There are plenty of variations to try, here are a few ideas:
- Omit the cocoa powder for vanilla ice cream
- Replace some of the frozen bananas with frozen pitted cherries for chocolate cherry ice cream
- Use any milk you prefer instead of coconut milk: almond, rice, hemp, or flax milk, etc.
- Add a little more milk to create a milkshake
- Stir in mini chocolate chips
- Add some espresso powder to make mocha ice cream
- Substitute cocoa powder for carob powder if you have a chocolate intolerance
Easy Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream
Paleo, vegan, peanut free, soy free
- 3 ripe medium bananas sliced and frozen
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional: Stevia if you want this sweeter
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately
Food allergy mom and healthy living blogger! Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist