Celebrate wintertime breakfast or brunch with these delicious Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes, they are allergy friendly, soy free, and vegan
I admit, October seems a bit too early to break out the gingerbread. Usually gingerbread makes it’s debut in December around Christmas, and pumpkin is the king of fall flavors right now. But I know there are actually a group of people out there who don’t like pumpkin spice recipes (crazy, but true!).
I am certainly not one of those people (I love pumpkin and spice), but I wanted to create these Gingerbread pancakes as a nod to those who prefer gingerbread as a seasonal flavor to pumpkin.
These pancakes fall into the mild gingerbread category, but if you love strong gingerbread flavors, you can add some more molasses and double the spices if you are brave!
I used to top our pancakes with agave, but now I use pure maple syrup for a lower FODMAP option. You can also use a dark maple syrup with a little bit of molasses added for an extra gingerbread flavor : )
Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes (Vegan)
- 1 cup whole brown rice flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon each: salt allspice, and ground ginger
- Dash each: ground nutmeg and ground cloves
- 1 cup rice milk or other non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- ½ teaspoon liquid Stevia
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or a griddle over medium heat.
- While the skillet/griddle is heating up, whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice milk, molasses, Stevia, and vinegar until well combined.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Let sit for 1 minute to thicken up a bit.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour batter into the hot skillet/griddle and cook on each side until browned and cooked through.
- Serve with agave nectar or pure maple syrup.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
10 thoughts on “Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes (Vegan)”
I just made these this morning and loved them! I did double the amount of the spices and they tasted just like gingerbread! So yummy, didn’t even need syrup. I just topped them with some earth balance butter and enjoyed! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Fantastic!! Thanks for trying my recipe 😉
I tried these pancakes last week and they were very good. Thanks for the yummy recipe!
You’re welcome Shawna! Glad to hear you love them 🙂
I am definitely going to try these out, although I might just use egg instead of the flax. 🙂 Gingerbread is one of my favorites and any way I can get molasses into my family is a win. That stuff is so full of minerals!
Hi Elizabeth! You can certainly use eggs in place of the flax. Let me know how you like them : )
These are so perfect for Fall. I can’t wait to try!
Hi Kate! Let me know what you think if you try these : )
Will have to try these soon! I love pancakes and these seem like they have the perfect kick to them :D!
Thanks Zahra! I hope you like them : )