Start your morning off with these delicious whole grain Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes, they are gluten free, vegan, and easy to make!
Yep, that’s right: another breakfast recipe! I noticed that there are a lot of breakfast recipes on The Fit Cookie, probably because breakfast recipes (especially pancakes) are fairly easy to make and pretty easy to adapt to gluten-free.
At any rate, here is another great pancake recipe to sink your teeth into on the weekends (or whenever your heart desires!).
Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes (Gluten Free and Vegan)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup gluten-free oats either old fashioned or quick oats work well
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax or chia seed
- 1 Tablespoon soy-free margarine or coconut oil, melted (I used Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lemon juice
- Liquid Stevia to taste
- Preheat a skillet or griddle.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir the raisins into the dry ingredients, making sure to separate them and get rid of any clumps.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the milk, ground flax seed, soy-free margarine, vanilla, vinegar, and liquid Stevia.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Allow the batter to sit for a minute to thicken.
- If the batter is too thick, add milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until it is the desired consistency.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure as a scoop, scoop the batter onto the hot skillet or griddle and cook until golden on each side.
- Top however you like: agave, maple syrup, honey, nut butter, soy-free margarine, or jam.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist