It’s official: fall is here! And that means…pumpkin recipes! Fall officially started on Saturday, but I have been waiting all summer to make up some pumpkin recipes! Here is a recipe for some Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles – so good and naturally sweet. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles
Makes @ 8-9
Gluten-free, vegan; Free of: cane sugar, dairy, eggs,
1/4 cup dates
2 Tablespoons pecan halves
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I use Sunwarrior Protein-Natural” target=”_blank”>SunWarrior Vanilla)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon allspice
Dash cloves, salt, & nutmeg
- Put the dates and pecans in a small food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Stir the pumpkin into the dates and pecans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together protein powder and spices.
- Stir the protein powder into the pumpkin/date mixture until a thick dough forms.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon dough into truffles and chill. You can roll the truffles in additional chopped pecans if you like.
Nutrients per truffle (1 batch = 8 truffles):
1.5 g fat
5.5 g carb
1 g fiber
3.5 g sugar
6 g protein