Welcome fall with these gluten free and vegan Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles! A healthier treat full of plant based protein, they only seem decadent
It’s official: fall is here! And that means…pumpkin recipes! Fall officially started on Saturday, but I have been waiting all summer to make up some pumpkin recipes! Here is a recipe for some Pumpkin Spice Protein Truffles – so good and naturally sweet. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 Tablespoons pecan halves
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder I use Sunwarrior Protein
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Dash cloves salt, & nutmeg
- Put the dates and pecans in a small food processor and process until coarsely ground.
- Stir the pumpkin into the dates and pecans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together protein powder and spices.
- Stir the protein powder into the pumpkin/date mixture until a thick dough forms.
- Roll 1 Tablespoon dough into truffles and chill. You can roll the truffles in additional chopped pecans if you like.