We’re in the middle of summer and getting prepared to head back to school in less than a month – crazy! Fortunately the kids don’t go back to school till the 22nd of August, so we have a few more weeks left of summer freedom for the kids. Which is great since we need to get the kids back onto their bedtime/wakeup schedule before school starts!
[Tweet “Fuel your end-of-summer adventure with these Cranberry Chia Protein Bites! #snack #vegan”]
Since we don’t have a ton of time left in the summer, it’s time to make the most of the summer that’s left! I whipped up another recipe for some easy, no-bake bites to fuel your end-of-summer adventure (or whenever the snacking mood strikes)!
These no-bake Cranberry Chia Protein Bites are made with Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein (just like my Espresso Hemp Bites), but these have a fruity twist for those of you who don’t like coffee. They’re also a variation of my older recipe for Cranberry Hemp Bites, which are also awesome and perfect if you are on a grain-free diet.
I love flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon, but it’s awesome to have fruity flavors in my bites, too! Dried cranberries are a favorite of mine since they are sweet/tart, and they mix well with all kinds of other foods, so we love adding them to homemade trail mix and other snack recipes.
For this recipe I used some strawberry-flavored dried cranberries, they taste delicious in these bites! It adds a bit more fruity flavor to these bites 🙂 You can also use dried cherries or dried blueberries in this recipe for fun twist!
Bob’s Red Mill offers a variety of nutritional boosters for your baking, snacks, or smoothies. They fit a variety of diets: they have vegan proteins (in flavors like Chai, Chocolate, Vanilla, and plain) and plain Hemp Protein for a great fiber and protein boost to your recipes.
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries I used Strawberry Craisins
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Hemp Protein
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats both rolled or quick oats work
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon SunButter
- Vanilla Stevia drops optional
- In a small food processor, process the dried cranberries until chopped fine
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the chopped cranberries, hemp protein, oats, chia seeds, and salt until blended
- Stir in the maple syrup, SunButter, and stevia drops (if using) until everything sticks together
- Roll into balls about 1-inch in size and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days
Nutrients per bite: 78 calories, 2.5 g total fat, 12 g carbs, 3 g fiber, 7 g sugars, 3 g protein