Take these protein-packed Cranberry Chia Protein Bites on your next adventure, or just pack them in your lunch! They are gluten free and vegan
We’re in the middle of summer and getting prepared to head back to school in less than a month – crazy! Fortunately the kids don’t go back to school till the 22nd of August, so we have a few more weeks left of summer freedom for the kids. Which is great since we need to get the kids back onto their bedtime/wakeup schedule before school starts!
Since we don’t have a ton of time left in the summer, it’s time to make the most of the summer that’s left! I whipped up another recipe for some easy, no-bake bites to fuel your end-of-summer adventure (or whenever the snacking mood strikes)!
These no-bake Cranberry Chia Protein Bites are made with Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein (just like my Espresso Hemp Bites), but these have a fruity twist for those of you who don’t like coffee. They’re also a variation of my older recipe for Cranberry Hemp Bites, which are also awesome and perfect if you are on a grain-free diet.
I love flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon, but it’s awesome to have fruity flavors in my bites, too! Dried cranberries are a favorite of mine since they are sweet/tart, and they mix well with all kinds of other foods, so we love adding them to homemade trail mix and other snack recipes.
For this recipe I used some strawberry-flavored dried cranberries, they taste delicious in these bites! It adds a bit more fruity flavor to these bites 🙂 You can also use dried cherries or dried blueberries in this recipe for fun twist!
Bob’s Red Mill offers a variety of nutritional boosters for your baking, snacks, or smoothies. They fit a variety of diets: they have vegan proteins (in flavors like Chai, Chocolate, Vanilla, and plain) and plain Hemp Protein for a great fiber and protein boost to your recipes.
Check out our other protein bite recipes:
- Fudgy Brownie Protein Bites
- Strawberry Oat Protein Bites
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Bites (Vegan)
- Orange Poppyseed Protein Bites (Vegan)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
- Cranberry Chia Protein Bites
- Espresso Hemp Protein Bites
- Chai Spice Protein Bites
Get monthly coupons for Bob’s Red Mill Products here
Follow Bob’s Red Mill on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Cranberry Chia Protein Bites
- ½ cup dried cranberries I used Strawberry Craisins
- ⅓ cup Bob’s Red Mill Hemp Protein
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats both rolled or quick oats work
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon SunButter
- Vanilla Stevia drops optional
- In a small food processor, process the dried cranberries until chopped fine
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the chopped cranberries, hemp protein, oats, chia seeds, and salt until blended
- Stir in the maple syrup, SunButter, and stevia drops (if using) until everything sticks together
- Roll into balls about 1-inch in size and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist