Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Celebrate seasonal strawberries the healthy way with these delicious Strawberry Oat Protein Bites that are gluten free, peanut free, and full of fresh strawberry flavors. These are dairy free, egg free, and have no added sugars!
Ready for another protein ball/protein bite recipe? Protein bites never get boring, and they are one of my favorite recipes to share since they are 1) super easy to make and nearly foolproof, and 2) are easy to adjust for various food allergies.
A couple weeks ago, I was creating an awesome cheesecake recipe involving strawberries (stay tuned for that one!), and decided to use some of the extra ingredients to make these Strawberry Oat Protein Bites for a fun and fruity protein snack that’s perfect for spring.
I used marine collagen powder in this recipe, but you could try this with other protein powders. You may have to adjust the amount of protein powder as needed to make them not sticky since every protein powder is different (some absorb more water than others).
Since the list of protein powders I can have has gotten much smaller over the years thanks to new allergies and intolerances that pop up for me each year, I haven’t experimented with different protein powders in most of my recipes. But protein balls are easy to work with generally and it should be easy to swap out protein powders.
Enjoy the recipe, and tag me on social media (@thefitcookie) if you make these!
Strawberry Oat Protein Bites (Gluten Free)
Gluten free; Free of: dairy, eggs, soy, peanuts, cane sugar.
- In a small food processor or blender, pulse the gluten free oats and the freeze-dried strawberries until coarsely ground.
- Place the oat mixture in a bowl, and stir in the collagen powder, coconut flour, and salt. Set aside.
- Puree some fresh strawberries in a small blender until smooth. Measure out 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and add to the oat mixture, along with the cashew butter, vanilla extract, and vanilla stevia. Stir until well mixed and a dough forms.
- If the dough is too sticky, you can add a bit more coconut flour as needed to firm it up a bit.
- Pinch off about a Tablespoon of the dough and roll into protein balls. Store these in an airtight container in the fridge. If you prefer to eat these at room temp, take them out and set at room temp for 30 minutes before eating.
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist