Pump up the protein in your snacks with these Orange Poppyseed Protein Bites! They are packed with dairy free protein, gluten free, no-bake, and ready in minutes.
What is the best thing about holidays?
Waking up and not knowing what day it is… and that doesn’t matter at all! Beautiful…
What is the worst thing?
My uncontrollable ability to eat and eat… and eat!
Holiday’s make you lose all sense of time, which is a beautiful thing when you can have breakfast three times in a row – joking, but in all seriousness… this bag of chips beside me is mysteriously disappearing… fast!
Holidays are full of coffee dates, breakfasts and lunches with friends… and my down fall… constant snacking. I’m not complaining – I love it!
I need some healthy, sweet snacks to get me over the line because… eating a whole cake or a whole bag of licorice to myself – is a challenge I would totally take on, I probably just shouldn’t do it every day
So with a bag full of fresh, home grown oranges, a sad looking banana and a craving for something sweet – orange and poppyseed protein balls were created.
These are fabulous little bite sized snacks that are sweet, easy to make… and full of healthy ingredients. You can make them and eat them straight away or store in an airtight container and store in the fridge for a day or two. Just like bananas go brown, these will go darker and turn a brown color the longer you leave them – they are still totally edible.
What do you think is the best and worst thing about holidays? Even writing that sounds wrong… there is nothing bad about sleep ins, snacking and coffee dates!
Check out our other protein bite recipes:
- Fudgy Brownie Protein Bites
- Strawberry Oat Protein Bites
- Coffee Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Bites (Vegan)
- Orange Poppyseed Protein Bites (Vegan)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
- Cranberry Chia Protein Bites
- Espresso Hemp Protein Bites
- Chai Spice Protein Bites
Orange Poppyseed Protein Bites
- Place the poppy seeds in a small microwaveable dish and add the milk/water. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Mash the bananas up until smooth, add the orange zest, vanilla essence and protein powder and mix.
- Add the poppyseed mix and mix to form a dough. Depending on how soft the bananas are, if needed add more protein powder to form a harder dough.
- Roll into balls
Kirsten Burrows is the former co-owner and photographer behind the recipe website Treat Yourself Sweeter. She lives in Melbourne, Australia, and works as a school teacher.