Indulge in this dairy free and peanut free chocolatey treat! Our Triple Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake has a gluten free option and requires no baking
Can you guess which recipe is the favorite recipe on The Fit Cookie? It used to be our Avocado Chicken Salad (still a popular recipe), but it is now our Easy Vegan Oreo Cheesecake recipe!
The recipe that I put up on a whim soon became a reader favorite, so I decided to make more flavors of vegan cheesecake recipes so we have a whole collection of them on the blog. My family certainly isn’t mad about it 😉
We made the Oreo cheesecake, a pumpkin cheesecake, a strawberry cheesecake, and now I’m adding this yummy Triple Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake! This allergy friendly cheesecake has a chocolate cookie crust, a chocolate cheesecake filling, and a smooth chocolate ganache drizzle.
This chocolate cheesecake will definitely cure chocolate cravings!
Vegan Cheesecake notes
If you want to make any changes to this recipe, don’t forget to read our recipe notes below!
Making this cheesecake gluten free
I used regular Oreo cookies for the crust in this recipe, but you can use a gluten free chocolate sandwich cookie instead to make this recipe gluten free. I’ve used the Kinnikinnick Kinnitoos sandwich cookies since they are soy free, peanut and tree nut free, and dairy free.
If you want to make this gluten free with the Kinnitoos cookies or another gluten free cookie, follow the same directions as the regular crust. In one of my other dairy free cheesecakes, I’ve made this with just 18 Kinnitoos and the same amount of coconut oil since there are only 18 cookies in a package of Kinnitoos.
The gluten free crust with Kinnitoos turned out great, except it was slightly more crumbly and stuck to the bottom of the pan easier than the regular Oreo cookie crust.
If you want to make this a bit easier, you can also look for the Mi-Del pre-made graham style crusts for this vegan cheesecake. The Mi-Del crusts taste good and work great when you don’t want to make your own crust, but homemade cookie crusts are always better than pre-made ones in my opinion.
Tools you’ll need for this recipe:
What kind of vegan cream cheese can I use?
One of the most frequent questions I get on my other cheesecake recipes is what kind of non-dairy cream cheese can be used for our cheesecake recipes.
Pretty much any kind you like! Since all of our vegan cheesecakes are no-bake, you can use any brand of non-dairy cream cheese you prefer. I use Daiya brand since its available here in my town, it fits all of our family’s food allergies, and it tastes good.
Notes on dairy free whipped cream
So Delicious CocoWhip is a coconut-based whipped topping alternative that is allergy friendly. If you can’t find CocoWhip in any stores, you can try ordering it online, or use a different brand of dairy free whipped cream.
Since I haven’t made this cheesecake with other brands of ingredients aside from the ones I listed, I’m not sure how other brands of whipped cream will turn out in this recipe.
Check out our other no-bake vegan cheesecakes made without cashews:
- Gluten Free and Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Dairy Free Key Lime Cheesecake
- Easy Vegan Oreo Cheesecake
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes with Granola Crust
- Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- Triple Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake
- No Bake Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake
- Chocolate SunButter Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake
Triple Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake
Vegan, Gluten Free option; Free of: peanuts, tree nuts (except coconut)
- 25 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies* (or gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies*)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
Chocolate Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces Daiya non-dairy cream cheese (or other brand of non-dairy cream cheese)
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces So Delicious CocoWhip** (or other non-dairy whipped cream)
Chocolate ganache drizzle
- ⅓ cup allergy friendly chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons canned full-fat coconut milk
- Add the Oreo (or gluten free sandwich cookies) to a large food processor and process the cookies until fine crumbs.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir the melted oil into the cookie crumbs until well combined. Press the cookie crumb mixture into a pie pan and chill while you mix the filling.
- In a medium bowl, beat the non-dairy cream cheese with a hand mixer until softened.
- Beat in the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, vanilla, and non-dairy whipped cream until well blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple times to make sure it all gets mixed in.
- Scoop the cheesecake mixture into the prepared cookie crust, and spread it out evenly. Chill for 4+ hours until well set.
Chocolate ganache drizzle
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave (30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time), OR in a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate chips are completely melted, stir in the coconut milk. Allow this to cool a bit before drizzling on top of our cheesecake.
- Store this at room temperature for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Sarah Jane Parker is the founder, recipe creator, and photographer behind The Fit Cookie. She’s a food allergy mom and healthy living blogger based in Wyoming. Sarah is also an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Certified Health Coach, Revolution Running certified running coach, and an ACE Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
8 thoughts on “Triple Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake (Gluten Free Option)”
Vegan cheesecake? This is music to my ears! 🙂 It is probably my favorite recipe from my list:
Thank you for sharing! 🙂
Great collection of recipes, Suzie, thanks for sharing mine!
I haven’t had cheesecake in years!! So excited to have come across this vegan version 🙂 I’ve been wanting to try SoDelicious CocoWhip, so now I have the perfect reason!!
The So Delicious CocoWhip is really delicious, my husband can have dairy and he likes it better than regular CoolWhip!
Triple chocolate?? Yes please! This is a great recipe, followed to a tee and it turned out perfect 🙂
Thank you Noelle!
This looks so decadent. There really is nothing like a good oreo crust to hold a cheese cake together.
Thanks Kortney! It’s quite a rich treat 🙂 I love homemade Oreo cookie crusts, so much yummier than the pre-made ones!